- President: Marine Consultants, Inc., DBA Reisner, McEwen & Harris, Bellingham, Washington: 1989-Present
- Principal: Performance Marine, Marine Surveyors and Consultants, Kaohsiung, Taiwan R.O.C, 1984-1989
- Partner and Production Manager: Sceptre Yachts Ltd., Richmond, B.C. Canada 1979-1984. Fiberglass sailing yacht builder.
- Production Manager: Starbird Yachts, Monroe, Washington 1977-1979. Fiberglass sailing yacht builder.
- Production Manager: Trinity Marine Ltd., North Vancouver B.C. Canada; 1976-1977, aluminum commercial craft.
- Project Manager: Calgan Marine, North Vancouver, B.C. Canada 1975-1976. Fiberglass sailing yacht builder.
- President and Manager: Trumpeter Yachts Ltd., Port Coquitlam, B.C. Canada 1974-1975. Custom fiberglass sailing yacht builder.
- Shipwright: D.M. Garren, Ltd. Richmond, B. C. Canada: 1973-1974
- Mr. Harris has dedicated his expertise to the marine field since 1973.
Through his various capacities as Project Manager, Production Manager, Partner, and Owner of various Northwest and Canadian marine firms, he
has gained extensive experience in all forms of yacht and commercial vessel construction.
- More recently, Mr. Harris spent several years in Taiwan and Hong Kong as a Marine Surveyor, Consultant, and Project manager for numerous U.S. and European yacht importers, private owners, and designers. He routinely performed pre-purchase surveys on both motor and sailing yachts. In addition, he developed full construction specifications, provided electrical and mechanical design services, conducted sea trials, prepared complete owner's manuals, and provided on-site supervision of tooling and vessel construction to completion.
- Currently, Mr. Harris operates a marine consulting office which provides professional services world-wide relative to condition and valuation marine surveys, new vessel surveys or progress inspections during construction, certain mechanical surveys, damage evaluations, and supervision of repairs.
- Mr. Harris is a Certified Marine Surveyor with the National Association of Marine Surveyors, and an Accredited Marine Surveyor with the Society of Accredited Marine Surveyors.
- Macalester College, St. Paul, Minnesota, 1969-1973
- Hawken School, Gates Mills, Ohio, 1965-1969
- Certified Marine Surveyor (CMS No. 147-662) since 1993 with the National Association of Marine Surveyors
- Accredited Marine Surveyor (AMS No. 182) since 1990 with the Society of Accredited Marine Surveyors
- Member of the American Boat and Yacht Council since 1991
- Mr. Harris holds the following American Boat and Yacht Council technical Certifications:
- ABYC Standards Certified
- ABYC Marine Electrical Certified
- ABYC Marine Corrosion Certified